If a language packet contains only individual tones for the relevant country, the Media Server cannot automatically play system announcements for the relevant language. In this case you need to configure from which alternative language packet the Media Server is to use system announcements.
The language packet to be configured for a fallback language must not contain system announcements but tones only.
Adequate administrative permissions
- Open the following configuration file in a text editor: streaming-mps.xml
You find this configuration file on the computer system of the Media Server in the following directory: <Ms-Install (1)>/mediaserver/application_host/providers/streaming-mps/
- Search the configuration file for the following XML tag: <PreferredLanguage>
- Enter the code of the language packet for which you want to configure a fallback language between the start and end tag.
You can always prioritize only one language variety for each Telephony Control Server language ID.
- Search the configuration file for the following XML tag: <fallbackLanguage>
- Define between the start and end tag the fallback language to be used for a language packet. In doing so use the following format:
<language packet>=<fallback language>
You can configure only one fallback language for a language packet.
- Save the changes in the configuration file.
- Restart the MFW Resource Manager provider.
Parent topic: System Announcements for Telephony Control Server
How to Prioritize Language Versions
1. <Ms-Install > is the setup directory of the Media Server: /enterprise/ or /enterprise/