You use Telephony Application Server in your Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system .
- On the Operation & Maintenance navigation tab click on the Configuration & Monitoring navigation menu item.
- In the navigation tree, click on System Status -> Applications.
- Click in the list entry of the Telephony Application Server on to open the Telephony Application Server action menu. to open the Telephony Application Server action menu.
- Select LDAP connection in the action menu.
A window opens that displays the configured LDAP connections.
For the time being, only one LDAP directory can be connected to the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system at a time.
- Select the checkbox of the LDAP connection the settings of which you want to see and click on Edit.
A window opens that displays the settings of the LDAP connection.
- Specify under the connection.displayName connection property the name under which the LDAP directory is to be displayed in the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony clients.
- Specify under the connection.serverURL connection property the following data and, in doing so, separate them with a colon:
- IP address under which the LDAP directory server can be reached.
If the host name of the associated computer system can be resolved into an IP address in the network, you can also enter the associated host name instead of the IP address.
- Port via which the LDAP connector is to exchange data with the LDAP directory server.
In a Window 2003 Active Directory domain with more than one domain controller you have to configure the LDAP connector to communicate with the global catalog server. Doing so, you have to configure port 3268 for unencrypted communcation or port 3269 for communication using SSL.
- If the LDAP connector of Telephony Application Server is not to anonymously access the LDAP directory, proceed as follows:
- Specify under the connection.username connection property the user account that is to be used instead.
- Specify under the connection.password connection property the password for the user account used.
In case of a connected Active Directory for Windows 2003 Server, deploying a default domain user is sufficient. The user need not have administrative privileges.
- Specify under the connection.useSSL connection property whether communication between LDAP connector and LDAP directory is to be encrypted via SSL.
If the communication is to be encrypted via SSL, enter true in the field of this property.
If you want to use SSL, you need to specify the port for SSL under the connection.serverURL property.
If the communication is not to be encrypted via SSL, enter false in the field of this property.
- Specify the search base with which the LDAP connector is to access the LDAP directory under the searchBase connection property.
If you want to specify several search bases, separate them by comma.
A search base must always be a subdirectory.
- Specify under the searchMask connection property the search mask the LDAP connector is to use for each search request.
The search mask must contain the #s expression at least once. The LDAP connector replaces this expression with the search filter when a search request is placed.
- Under the maxRecords connection property, specify the maximum number of data records the LDAP directory is to deliver upon a search request.
If an appropriate limit has already been configured in the LDAP directory, the maxRecords setting is noneffective.
- Specify under the useDNasID connection property whether the distinguished name of an LDAP entry is to be used as unique ID in case of a directory search.
This connection property must be set to true if the connected LDAP directory does not have a field with unique data ID.
- Specify under the connection.followReferrals connection property whether references to the LDAP directory are to be pursued.
If references to the LDAP directory are to be pursued, enter true in the field of this property.
If references to the LDAP directory are not to be pursued, enter false in the field of this property.
- Specify under the AttrMap.Phone mapping property which LDAP directory database fields may contain phone numbers. If you want to specify several database fields, separate them by comma.
If Telephony Application Server searches the LDAP directory based on a phone number, only the database fields of the LDAP directory containing this phone number are considered for the search.
- Specify under the poolDebugLevel mapping property, which LDAP connection information shall be logged.
If no LDAP connection information shall be logged, leave the field of this property empty.
If information about setting up and closing LDAP connections shall be logged, enter fine in the field of this property.
If all information about LDAP connections shall be logged, enter all in the field of this property.
The logged data is stored in the following sequence: /enterprise/common/log/osgi.err
- Click on Save to copy the entries to the system's database.
- Restart the LDAP Connector Service for the modifications to take effect.