If the Media Server is used in a Media server farm, it can automatically replicate customized voice portal welcome and name announcements to all other Media Server of the farm.
Media Server is used under Telephony Application Server.
Several Media Server in the form of a Media server farm
Adequate administrative permissions
- On the Operation & Maintenance navigation tab, click on the Configuration & Monitoring navigation menu item.
- In the navigation tree, click on System Status -> Applications.
- In the list entry of the Telephony Application Server click on to open the action menu of Telephony Application Server. to open the action menu of Telephony Application Server.
- Select Media Server configuration action menu.
A list displays all Media servers available in the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system environment.
- In the list select the Media Server link that you want to configure.
The configuration dialog of the selected Media Server opens.
- In the configuration dialog switch to the Providers tab.
- In the provider list select the link Prompt Database.
The configuration dialog with the settings of the prompt replication group opens.
- Select Add Node.
This opens the configuration dialog in which all remote Media Server of the Media Server farm are displayed.
- Tick off the checkboxes of all displayed Media Server.
- Select OK.
The settings of the prompt replication group now display the selected Media Server as part of the replication group.
- Execute the described steps on every Media Server of the Media server farm.
Restart the Prompt Database provider.
Parent topic: Configuration Concept of the Media Server
How to Restart a Provider