How to Create Anonymous Caller RejectionAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Anonymous Call Rejection
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Business Group -> Members -> Subscribers.
The Subscribers dialog opens, displaying all the subscribers who are members of the selected BG.
- Select a subscriber from the list.
- Click Add/Edit.
The Add/Edit Subscriber dialog opens, containing all the tabs and dialogs used to configure the settings of a subscriber.
- Navigate to the Features tab.
- Navigate to the Subscriber Features area.
- Select Anonymous Caller Rejection as Feature Name from the dropdown list and click Add.
The selected Selective Caller Rejection feature appears in the list of added features below.
As the Anonymous Caller Rejection feature is linked, it is an editable feature and must be activated via the Edit dialog.
- To edit the Anonymous Caller Rejection feature check its checkbox and click the Edit... button.
The Anonymous Caller Reject dialog opens. This service enables subscribers to forward callers who have restricted their calling number presentation status to an anonymous denial announcement.
- Navigate to the General area.
- Check/Unckeck the Activate checkbox in order to activate/deactivate the feature on behalf of the subscriber.
The Subscriber can activate service field is not used in Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony R1.
- Check the Reset Subscriber Lines checkbox in order to to apply these changes to all subscribers that use the feature profile you are modifying. By doing so, you override the subscribers' current settings for this service.
The Reset Subscriber Lines field only appears if you access this tab while editing an existing feature profile.
- Finally click OK to save all data entered.