This procedure describes how to add/edit calling locations at the system wide level.
Special characters are not allowed in the Name field. The maximum name length is 15 characters. Once you have created a calling location, its name and code cannot be modified.
Parent topic: Calling Locations
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Global Translation and Routing -> Translation
This list shows all existing Calling Locations.
- Select Calling Locations.
The Calling Locations dialog opens, displaying the existing calling locations.
- Click Add to add a new calling location or select an existing one and click Edit.
The Calling Locations dialog is displayed where you can add location information to a call.
- Enter the Name of the new calling location using descriptive names for the locations, if possible. This parameter is required when creating a calling location. Calling location names must be unique and can be 1- 15 alphanumericc characters long. Special characters are not allowed in the Name field.
- Enter the Code for the new calling location. The code is used to route emergency calls to the appropriate answering point.
- Click Save to submit and store the data.
Once you have created a calling location, you cannot modify its name.