This procedure describes how to create a Community Group for an Intercom Subscriber
Adequate administrative permissions
- Log on to the CMP and navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Business Group.
- Select the adequate switch from the list of Default Switch
- Select the adequate BG from the list of Available Business Groups
- Navigate to Teams -> Community Groups
The Community Groups list for the selected BG is displayed in the work area.
- Click the Add button
The Add Community Group dialog opens, displaying its General tab.
- Manually enter the Intercom Subscriber's Directory Number in the corresponding field, or use the ... to select the Intercom Subscriber from the Select Subscriber popup.
- Optionally specify the Timer for Periodic Tone in the corresponding field. Possible values are:
0, i.e. no tone or
a value between 5 and 180 seconds
The default is 120 seconds; it is applied if the field is left empty.
- Activate the Members tab
- Use the Add button to add members (destinations within the private network) to the Community Group.
At least one member has to be added - otherwise the Community Group can not be created.
- In the Add Member to Community Group dialog, enter data for the new member. The following parameters can be specified:
Community Member Number (mandatory)
This is the (index) number the Intercom Subscriber has to dial after the one-way or two-way intercom access code in order to reach this member. The value has to unique within the Community Group; the allowed number Range is 0-99.
Destination Number (mandatory)
This member's DN must be a valid private network number and must be routable according to the related subscriber's numbering plan.
Currently, the Destination Number must coincide with the number that would be displayed on the Intercom Subscriber's phone/client when receiving a basic call from the respective group member.
Destination Name (optional)
A descriptive string with a maximum length of 50 characters.
Incoming Block (optional, default: false)
If set to true, the Intercom Subscriber is protected against terminating Intercom Calls from this member
- Click OK to add the new member to the Community Group.
- Click Save to create the Community Group.
A confirmation message is displayed upon successful creation of the Community Group. Otherwise an error message is displayed.
If you haven't already done so, create the Feature Access Code for 1-way and/or 2-way Intercom in the appropriate numbering plan(s).
Prepare the Intercom Subscriber's
phone/client for Intercom calls and, optionally, for repertory dialing.
Parent topic: Community Groups