This procedure describes how to create a device (phone/client) for an existing subscriber. The device will use the subscriber's DN as the terminal number. Furthermore the device configuration
Adequate administrative permissions
A DLS (Deployment Server) has been assigned to the subscriber's BG
Parent topic: DLS Device Management Integration: GUI
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Display the target subscriber:
- Activate the Business Group tab.
- Select the adequate switch from the list of Default Switch
- Select the adequate BG from the list of Available Business Groups
- Select the adequate Branch Office from the list of Available Branch Offices
- Navigate to Members -> Subscribers
The list of Subscribers of the selected Branch Office is displayed in the work area.
- Use the filter and/or navigation elements to make sure the target subscriber is displayed
- Select the target subscriber by ticking the corresponding check box.
- Scroll down to the end of the subscriber list and click the Device Management button to display the Device Data window.
- Click the Add button below the List of Devices.
The Add Device Data dialog opens.
- In the General tab of the Add Device Data dialog provide the necessary information about the device to be created:
the Device ID uniquely identifies the IP device and is required for full DLS plug&play.
For IP phones this is the MAC address, consisting of six groups of two hexadecimal digits, separated by colons.
For clients it has to be entered in the form <userID>.<hostname>.
the Device Family can be either Phone or Client
the Device Type can be selected by clicking the ... button next to the corresponding text box; the device types offered in the Select Device Type popup depend on the previously selected device family
optionally, assign a DLS plug&play Device Profile to the device by clicking the ... button next to the corresponding text box and picking the adequate profile from the selection popup.
- In the Key Layout tab of the Edit Device Data dialog you configure Line and DSS keys for the device. See related links for details.
If you assigned a device profile in the previous step, you should not edit the device's key layout at the same time. The reason is to avoid conflicts between the key layout specified in the device profile and the manually configured key layout at the time a device is created.
- Activate the Features tab
- In the CTI Calls section of the Features tab the following options may be selected:
activate Auto Answer if CTI initiated calls should be automatically accepted by the device (all other incoming calls will still cause a ringing tone)
activate Beep on Auto Answer if the device should generate an alert beep sound when a call is automatically accepted; this requires Auto Answer
activate Auto Reconnect if the device shall support automatic (immediate) reconnection of held calls - both via a CTI application and via the phone
activate Beep on Auto Reconnect if the device should generate a beep sounds when the user toggles between an active call; and a held call when the function is active; this requires Auto Reconnect
- In the Call Handling section of the Features tab you may activate uaCSTA support, which allows external CTI applications to interact directly with the phone
- In the Server Based Features section of the Features tab you may activate the OpenStage feature of the same name. This will force the related phone to use server-based instead of local features (Call Forwarding, Do not Disturb).
Note that this option is disabled for other Device Types.
- Click Save to create the device on DLS.