A local user account needs to be created for FTP and SFTP transfers. The same procedure is used on Windows 2003 or 2008 servers.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Pre-Installation Requirements
- On the Desktop, right click on My Computer.
- Select Manage.
- Expand Local Users and Groups.
- Click on folder Users.
- From the Action menu select New User.
The window New User opens.
- Create the user tracedata.
- Set Password and confirm it. Note it down for FTP setup during FADE installation.
- Uncheck User must change password at next logon.
- Check Password never expires.
- Click Create.
- Click Close.
TM V2 also supports secure FTP (SFTP) through the Windows OpenSSH 3rd party software included in this release. The same tracedata local account will also be used for the SFTP authentication.
Pre-Installation for Target Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony-TM