KU4: Before you can import the root certificate in the Internet Explorer, you need to display it via the Internet Explorer.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Import of Root Certificate in the Client Browser
- Connect Lotus Sametime via the Internet Explorer and HTTPS, e. g. using the Lotus Sametime Web Client.
The Internet Explorer issues the following message to point out that it has received a seemingly invalid server certificate for the communication:
There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
- Select the option Continue to this website (not recommended).
- The Internet Explorer shows the invoked internet page and points to the certificate problem with Certificate Error in the address bar.
- Click on Certificate Error.
A message window opens.
- In the message window click on View Certificates.
A dialog that displays all information of the server certificate opens.
- Switch to the Certification Path tab.
- Select the root certificate that is marked as invalid.
- Click on View Certificate.
A dialog that displays all information of the root certificate opens.