How to Display the Status of DLS JobsAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|This procedure describes how to display the status of DLS jobs.
This procedure describes how to display the status of DLS jobs.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Telephony Control Server Deployment Service (DLS) Status
- Navigate to Tools -> DLS Status.
- The DLS Status dialog is opened.
- In the Search by dropdown list, select either User Account or Job Status to filter the DLS jobs by the specified category.
- If User Account is selected in the previous step, select the user whose DLS jobs shall be queried.
If the currently logged-on user is a system administrator; the users whose jobs she/he has the right to view are listed in addition to himself/herself in a dropdown list. By default, the name of the currently logged-on user is set.
If the currently logged-on user is a customer administrator, the User Account filter option is not displayed since customer administrators see only their own job.
DLS jobs are listed and the list is updated automatically whenever query criteria is changed. The content displayed in the list view comprises of the owner of the job, job status, job info, and last update.
- If Job Status is selected, select the job status option in the for dropdown list. Possible values are:
- Successfully Completed
By default, the Running option is set.
- Click Go to start the query.
- If you click Show All , all DLS jobs are listed without any restriction. If the DLS ’JobCoordinator’ flag is set for display of finished jobs, all jobs would be displayed, i.e. also completed DLS action. (This is not the default configuration.)
As DLS is working asynchronously, the current status of the executed DLS operations cannot be displayed directly.