The Media Server
area enables the subscriber to specify parameters for a number of BG (Business Group) features, such as Hot Desking. You can specify the number of server requests, the amount of time the server waits for input from the subscriber, and how many times the subscriber can try to log on.
Adequate administrative permissions
There is at least one BG.
Keyset Operation is configured for the BG.
Parent topic: BG (Business Group)
How to Provision a Subscriber for Call Transfer
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Navigate to Business Group -> Business Group List -> Business Groups.
The List Business Groups dialog opens, displaying the list of available BGs.
- In the List Business Group dialog, select the BG you want to modify from the list by activating the checkbox in the Business Group column and click Edit.
The Edit Business Group dialog opens.
- Navigate to the Options tab.
- In the BG related Media Server Options area, enter:
the Media Server Retry Counter value. It specifies the number of times to try a failed server request for digit collection. This can be one digit in the range of 1 to 5; the default is 3.
the Media Server Timeout Interval value. It specifies the time out period in seconds for media server requests. The valid range is 1 to 60; the default is 15 seconds.
the Input Retry Counter value. It specifies the maximum number of times to retry in response to invalid input from the subscriber. This can be one digit in the range of 1 to 5; the default is 3. This parameter applies to all BGLs within the BG.
In case empty values are entered in the fields mentioned above, the BG related Media Server options will be saved with the default values.
- Click Save.