How to Edit SIP Settings for Endpoint TemplatesAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: EP (Endpoint) Template
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Activate the Administration tab.
- Navigate to Templates -> Endpoint Templates
The Endpoint Templates list view is displayed, showing the existing EP templates.
- Click Add/Edit to open the dialog Add/Edit Endpoint Template.
- Navigate to the SIP tab.
- Select an appropriate SIP Signaling type by checking its radio button
- Check the SIP Private Networking radio button to indicate that the endpoint is a private network NNI endpoint.
The SIP Private Networking button should be selected for a SIP interface between two Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony systems, or between Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system and an RG8700 Gateway. This selection enables certain Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony features to operate across a network as described in FRN2548 "SIP Enterprise Networking: 8k < SIP > 8k"
- If SIP-Q Signaling is checked (enabled), the UDP Transport Protocol is disabled, and an additional combo box is displayed beneath the SIP-Q Signaling checkbox, allowing the user to select one of the following options:
– Telephony Control Server (default) – the Registration Type is automatically set to Static; and the Security area is shown in the dialog.
– HiPath4000/3000 – the Registration Type is automatically set to Dynamic, the Security area is disabled, and the Signaling Primary and Signaling Secondary fields for IP Address or FQDN and Port are disabled
The SIP-Q Signaling button should be selected for all SIP-Q interfaces.
- Check the SIP Trunking radio button to use the SIP Trunking configuration type.
The SIP Trunking is automatically selected when neither of the other two buttons are selected. These radio buttons control availability of other endpoint configuration parameters as already described
- Specify the Type (Registration Type) of an endpoint:
- Static - If you configure Static as the registration type for a SIP Endpoint, you must also specify the signaling binding type and a valid signaling binding address and signaling port.
- Dynamic (Default) - If you configure Dynamic as the registration type for a SIP Endpoint, the signaling binding type automatically changes to IP Address or FQDN, the signaling IP address defaults to 0.0.0.0, and the signaling port defaults to 5060. These values are updated appropriately upon Endpoint registration.
When the Signaling Address Type is of type FQDN or DNS SRV, the following RTP parameters defined in RTP database should be used in the contact and Via header for message requests and responses sent to the endpoint:
SipAddress/1/DNSSRV, SipAddress/1/FQDN, SipAddress/2/DNSSRV, SipAddress/2/FQDN.
Once you have created a SIP Endpoint, you cannot modify its registration type.
For Gateways, the Type should be set to Static and the Registered option on the General tab should be checked.
- Click Save to save the settings.