Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: User Administration
- Select in the Domain drop-down list of the toolbar the domain in which the desired user account has been created.
- On the Users & Resources navigation tab, click on the Users navigation menu item.
- In the navigation tree, click on User Administration -> Users.
A list of all user accounts that are configured in the selected domain appears in the work area.
- Click on the login name of the user account the settings of which you want to edit.
The dialog with the settings of the relevant user account opens.
- Change the general settings for the relevant user account on the General tab.
- Change the password and PIN settings for the relevant user account on the Password / PIN tab.
- Change the contact data for the relevant user account on the Contact Information tab.
As soon as contact information is defined for a user account, a new contact is created in the integrated global contact list of Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony with this contact information.
- Change the user profile/user account assignment on the Profiles tab.
The Foreign Profiles tab shows all user profiles that are assigned to the user account in foreign-user domains.
- Change the resources/user account assignment on the Resources tab.
- Click on Save to copy the entries to the system's database.