How to Edit the Member List of a Hunt GroupAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|This procedure describes how to configure the member list and individual members of an existing Hunt Group. It is possible to add/remove members to/from the list, to edit existing members and to change the positions of the members in the list.
This procedure describes how to configure the member list and individual members of an existing Hunt Group. It is possible to add/remove members to/from the list, to edit existing members and to change the positions of the members in the list.
Adequate administrative permissions
- Log on to the CMP and navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Business Group.
- Select the adequate switch from the list of Default Switch
- Select the adequate Business Group from the list of Available Business Groups
- Navigate to Teams -> Hunt Groups
The Hunt Groups list for the selected Business Group is displayed in the work area. Filtering and Sorting on Hunt Group Name and Pilot DN are also provided.
- Select the adequate Hunt Group and Click the Edit button.
The Hunt Groups dialog opens, displaying its General tab.
- Activate the Members tab.
- To delete members from this Hunt Group, select those members by ticking the corresponding checkboxes and click Delete to remove them from the member list.
The member is removed from the list. If this is the only task you want to perform, proceed with step 19.
- To add members to this Hunt Group, click the Add button.
The Add Subscriber to Hunt Group dialog opens. Continue with step .
- To edit an existing member, activate the appropriate checkbox and click the Edit button.
The Edit Hunt Group Member dialog opens.
- Click the ... button next to Subscriber ID field to open the Select Subscriber window. A list of available Subscriber IDs is displayed. Select a subscriber from the list, then click OK.
Note: A subscriber should have "SIP Phone" as connection type to be a member of the hunt group.
- Specify the Position of the member in the hunt group. This number specifies the sequence in which the member's phone will be rung during a linear or circular hunt.
If you enter a position that is already in use, all members after this position are moved one position further. By default, the next available empty position number is set for this field. If the position is not entered, the next available position for the hunt group is automatically assigned.
- Enter a Queue Priority between 1 and 255. If the selected subscriber is a member of multiple HGs, the HG with the highest queue priority (i.e. the lowest number) will be served first.
- Indicate the Busy Status of the member. If the checkbox is activated, the subscriber is not available for incoming calls.
- Select or unselect the Busy Stop Hunt option. If this option is selected, new incoming calls will not search for a free (non-busy) phone beyond this member, in case the member is busy.
- Select the Can make hunt group busy if the member shall be allowed to control its busy status.
- Select Can stop hunt group hunting if the member shall be allowed to control the Stop Hunt status of this Hunt Group.
- Select the Attendant checkbox, if the member is an attendant.
- Click OK to apply your settings.
- Click Save to persist your changes.
If you haven't already done so, create the appropriate Feature Access Codes for Make Busy and Stop Hunt.
Finally, assign these Feature Access Codes to Function Keys on the Hunt Group's members' phones.
Parent topic: Hunt Groups