The queries are located as individual records in the MySQL database, therefore, various SQL commands will be performed to dump the source TM server query table and populate the new TM server query table. The following procedure will dump the cannedqueries tables for each system in the source TM and store it in its corresponding source TM system folder.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Migrating a TM Server to a New Hardware
- Navigate to Start -> Run in the source TM.
- Type cmd to open a command prompt.
- Login to MySQL.
- Sign in with following syntax (in the command prompt):
mysql -u [user ] -h [host ] -p (e.g.: mysql -u root -h localhost -p).
- Enter password.
- For every system in the target TM server:
- Select DB for system (the mysql> prompt is displayed), syntax: use <system name> (example: use mysystem). Get all canned queries for that system (i.e. <system name>) and store them in their corresponding source TM <installation path>/MTC/Config/<system name> folder. SELECT * INTO OUTFILE ' [installation path]/MTC/Config/ [system name]/ [system name]' FROM `cannedqueries`; (example: SELECT * INTO OUTFILE ' C:/MTC/Config/mysystem/mysystem' from `cannedqueries`; )
At this point there should be a dump file for every system in its corresponding source TM system folder under the MTC directory.