How to Extract TM System Names / RG NamesAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Extraction of the TM System Names and Corresponding RG Names from the Source TM Server is the first step to migration. This information is required for target TM installation. The system names and their corresponding RGs will have to be manually added through the installation, so that the new database schema matches the source TM database schema.
Extraction of the TM System Names and Corresponding RG Names from the Source TM Server is the first step to migration. This information is required for target TM installation. The system names and their corresponding RGs will have to be manually added through the installation, so that the new database schema matches the source TM database schema.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Migrating a TM Server to a New Hardware
- Locate in the source TM server the directory <installation path>\MTC\Config\ (e.g.: c:\MTC\Config).
- Open file schemas.conf in the above source Config directory.
- Make a list of the <system names> displayed in this file. The system names are displayed as follows <system name>|<installation path>\MTC\Config\<system name> (i.e.: system1|C:\MTC\Config\system1) .
- For each "system name" configured in the source TM server, get its corresponding RG information:
- Navigate to <installation path>\MTC\Config\<system name>\
- Open file Options.csv
- Write down all RGNames with their corresponding IPs.
You should have a tree-like list for all your system names and their corresponding RGs.
- Click Install.
- The SQLite Server Instance Configuration Wizard is launched. Click Next.
- Select Standard Configuration. Click Next. Click Next
Install as Windows Service
Service Name: SQLite
Launch SQLite Server automatically
Include Bin Direct in Windows PATH
- Click Next.
- Select Modify Security Settings.
- Enter preferred password in the field New Root password. Confirm your settings.
SQLite password cannot be empty.
- Click Next.
- Click Execute.
- Click Finish.
- Wait until all Third Party Software is installed.
WinPcap Installation will be prompted.
- MTC Applications Setup Utility window launches. All the MTC software available for installation is listed, and all available software will be highlighted for installation by default.
The following Applications will be installed:
8000 RTT Utility
RG8700 RTT Utility
Phone Trap Collector
- Wait until all MTC applications are installed.
- A command prompt window is displayed. Enter the answers to all the following configuration questions.
- Enter the drive for the tracedata folder, e.g.: c: or d:.
- Enter the number "#" of nodes (1-20) you want to add to this TM server.
- Enter the Name of system 1 [alpha-numeric name only]: Enter a subscriber friendly system name.
Only use numbers and letters! Do not use special characters!
- Enter FTP Login account. FTP user account that was created during the FTP setup in the Pre-Install section (tracedata).
- Enter FTP account password. Use the same password that was created during FTP setup.
- Enter SQLite root password. Use SQLite root password that should be the same one entered in SQLite configuration.
- Enter password you want for SQLite user "tracer" Password [alpha-numeric only]:
Use only letter and numbers for the SQLite tracer user password. Do NOT use special characters!
- Press any key to continue.
The Command prompt window closes and the TM installation is now completed.