Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Pre-Installation Requirements
- Navigate to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Add / Remove Windows Components.
- Mark Application Server. Click Details.
- Mark Internet Information Services (IIS). Click Details.
- Search for File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Service.
If it is checked then FTP is already installed. Continue with step 5.
If it is not checked then install FTP. Continue with step 6.
- Click Cancel to all open Add/Remove Windows Components.
Make sure that World Wide Web Service is unchecked. The Trace Manager runs Apache Web Server and if the WWWS (World Wide Web Service) is installed it will create a conflict.
- Select File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Service and mark it to install it.
- Click OK on the “Internet Information Services (IIS)” window.
The World Wide Web Service should be unchecked, unless the server where TM is being installed is a SESAP server; this service needs to be enabled for other Service applications.
- Click Next on all subsequent Add/Remove Window Components windows to complete installation of FTP.
You may be required to insert Windows 2003 Server installation media.