Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Pre-Installation Requirements
- Login as administrator or an account member of the “Administrators” group.
- Navigate to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Server Manager.
- On the left frame, click Roles.
The Roles Summary is displayed.
- Click Add Roles.
The Add Roles Wizard opens.
- Click Next.
- From the list of roles to install select: Web Server (IIS) (Installed).
The Add features required for Web Server (IIS) window appears.
- Click Add Required Features.
- On the Select Services Roles window, click Web Server (ISS) -> Role Services.
The list of Role services is shown.
- Scroll down the list and check mark FTP Publishing Service.
- The Add role services required for FTP Publishing Service? window appears.
- Click Add Required Role Services.
- The FTP Publishing Service is check marked; the two boxes below it are also automatically selected.
- .Click Next.
- Click Install to enable FTP.