How to List BGs (Business Groups)Added by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|All BGs (Business Groups) assigned to the logged-on administrator will be displayed.
All BGs (Business Groups) assigned to the logged-on administrator will be displayed.
Adequate administrative permissions
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Business Group -> Business Group Lists -> Business Groups.
The List Business Group dialog is displayed showing a list of BGs configured on the system. For each Business Group information about the Display Number, Number of Members, Defaulf Office Code and the Default Feature Profile is provided in that list.
- Business Group column: The name of the BG is displayed here as a link. Clicking on the name of the BG automatically opens the Business Group dialog of the respective BG, allowing you to view or modify the configuration settings of the selected BG, and to add new BGs, provided that you have the required user access rights. Click the column header to sort the BG names in ascending or descending alphabetical order.
- Display Number column: The display number of the BG is shown when a subscriber makes an external call. The display number is defined during creation of a BG.
- Number of Members column: Displays the number of members configured within this BG (subscribers and endpoint profiles).
If the CMP/Assistant is managing a V3.1 Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony: : the column "Number of Members" displays the subscribers and endpoint profiles configured within this BG.
If the CMP/Assistant is managing a Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony or higher: the column "Number of Subscribers" displays the number of subscribers only configured within this BG.
- Default Office Code column: Displays the Default Office Code configured for this BG. The Default Office Code combo box on the General tab of the Business Group dialog allows you to display the list of configured office codes and to select one as the default office code for the new BG.
- Default Feature Profile column: When a new BG is created using the Quick Add BG feature, a Default Feature Profile with all required services is created automatically. The default name of the FP is derived from the BG name; the pattern is FP_<BG name>. Feature Profiles are templates designed to simplify the management of subscribers. Feature Profiles consist of a set of services assigned to the current BG.
Remark column: Shows remarks that may be entered by an administrator when modifying a BG.
- Click Searchto search for a specific BG or group of BGs.
You can specify the BG name or the default Office Code.
- Click on the Add, Edit or Delete button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
Depending on the role (i.e. on the privileges assigned to the admin user) you will see either all BGs configured on the system or only a subset of BGs, as follows:
customer administrator: Only the BGs assigned to this customer admin are displayed.
system administrator or higher: Only the BGs assigned to this system admin are displayed.
If there is no BG assigned to the logged-on administrator, no BG will be displayed and an appropriate message is issued.
Parent topic: BG (Business Group)