The Quality of Service data generated from the Phones is collected in the TM server by the Phone Listener or Phone Trap. The ports used by the Phone and by TM must agree to have successful connectivity. Only one phone listener is configured per Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system and correspondingly per TM system.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Configuring TM Systems, RGs, and Phones
- Login to Trace Management Portal (FADE) web interface
- Click view Administration -> Manage Phones.
- There are three possible options in the Manage Phones tab: add, delete or modify Phones depending on the existing phone configuration.
If there is no phone configured for the current system then the Add Phone button is displayed.
Continue with step 4.
Continue with step 5.
Continue with step 7.
- Enter the required information for the Phone:
- Phone Trap Port: It must be a value between 17000 and 18000.
- Phone Trace Port: It must be a value between 500 and 600.
- Max CAP File Size (MB): 2MB (default)
If the file exceeds this size then a new CAP file is created.
- Max Trace File Size (MB): 2MB (default)
If the file exceeds this size then a new Trace file is created.
- Continue with step 10.
- Go to the Phone entry to delete.
- Click Delete right to the Phone entry. Continue with step 10.
The existing Phone trace files and data are not deleted from the system but aged by the DIPAZ monitor.
- Go to the Phone entry to modify.
- Click Modify right to the Phone.
- Change if necessary its ports or the file sizes (allowed values: see step 4)
- Click Save.
A message will indicate that the changes will take effect in 2 minutes.
How to Setup Listening to Phone QOS Data