How to Manage RG8700 Tracing to a TM (Telephony Control Server) SystemAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|RG tracing is a “pull” function. The RG8700 Listener component in the TM server contacts the RG by IP address asking for trace data; it listens, and collects it into trace files that are later processed by DIPAZ into the TM database.
RG tracing is a “pull” function. The RG8700 Listener component in the TM server contacts the RG by IP address asking for trace data; it listens, and collects it into trace files that are later processed by DIPAZ into the TM database.
Adequate administrative permissions
Login to Trace Management Portal (FADE) was successfully done
Parent topic: Configuring TM Systems, RGs, and Phones
How to Add a TM (Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony-Trace Management) System
- Navigate to Administration -> Manage_RGs.
- There are three possible options to manage RG8700 Tracing: add, delete or modify RG Listeners configuration.
Add RG Listener
If there is no phone configured for the current system then the Add Phone button is displayed.
Continue with step 4.
Continue with step 5.
Continue with step 6.
- Go to Add RG Listener. Enter the required information for the RG:
RG IP address
The RG device has three IP addresses:
- Admin IP address
- SIP signaling IP address
- Media IP Address
The SIP signaling IP address shall be used when adding or configuring an RG in TM.
- Go to Delete link to the right of an existing RG removes the RG from the system.
The existing trace data for this RG remains in the system until it is aged by the DIPAZ monitor.
- Go to Modify RG. The link to the right of an existing RG allows you to reconfigure the RG behavior. Enter the required information for the RG:
Enable/disable trace parameters: SIP, Q931, CATS (select or deselect none, one or more)
Tracing for this RG can be stopped or started via the radio buttons
Add or delete CATS flags (debugging flags for tracing) by selecting the values on the choice list.