How to Manage User Account RequestAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Users can request accounts via the Trace Management Portal (FADE) login screen.
Users can request accounts via the Trace Management Portal (FADE) login screen.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: User Accounts Administration
- Open Trace Management Portal (FADE).
- Click Request Access on the start window.
This generates a request and adds an entry to the request queue; the administrator needs to approve or reject the account request.
- Navigate to Administration -> Manage Users.
- Click tab Manage User Request
- Select one link to the right of the User Account request:Approve, Reject or Delete. Click Approve.
Approving a request for an account creates the account.
- Fill in all the blanks (User ID, User Name, and Email fields).
- Access Level.
The access level is defaulted to "User".
If the new account should be an administrator, change the level to "Admin".
- Pay attention to Password.
The password must be at least 8 characters and must contain a combination of [A-Z], lowercase[a-z], numeric[0-9], and special charters (!@#$%^&*()
- Click Save.
The administrator needs to mail the account information to the user.