This task describes how to manually migrate the old source TM system trace files to the corresponding target TM system folders; this folder contains the user FTP data as well.
Adequate administrative permissions
- In the source TM server, open a window explorer and navigate to the directory containing the tracedata folder. (e.g.: C:\tracedata).
- Right click on empty space in window explorer.
- Select New -> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
- Rename your zip folder "tracedata.zip".
- Drag and drop your tracedata folder into traceda.zip.
- Copy the tracedata.zip folder to a temp directory on the target TM server (e.g.: C:\temp).Right click the tracedata.zip file in the "temp" directory on the target TM. (e g.: c:\temp\tracedata.zip).
- Select Extract All..
- When prompted with "Files will be extracted to this directory:"
- 1. Type C:\ (or installation drive)
- 2. Click "Next".
- 3. Click "Yes To All".
- 4. Click "Finish".
This step populates the tracedata folder with the source TM trace files.
- Restart the DIPAZ monitor.
After the migration is completed, DIPAZ will reprocesses all trace files, and the trace data should be displayed by FADE. The reprocessing time depends on the amount of trace files to process.
Parent topic: Migrating a TM Server to a New Hardware
How to Restart DIPAZ Monitor