This procedure describes how to modify the key layout of a subscriber's device. Note that currently only Line/DSS (Direct Station Selection) keys can be configured.
Adequate administrative permissions
A DLS (Deployment Service) server has been assigned to the subscriber's BG
The (virtual) device has already been created on DLS
Parent topic: DLS Device Management Integration: GUI
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Display the target subscriber:
- Activate the Business Group tab.
- Select the adequate switch from the list of Default Switch
- Select the adequate BG from the list of Available Business Groups
- Select the adequate Branch Office from the list of Available Branch Offices
- Navigate to Members -> Subscribers
The list of Subscribers of the selected Branch Office is displayed in the work area.
- Use the filter and/or navigation elements to make sure the target subscriber is displayed
- Select the target subscriber by ticking the corresponding check box.
- Scroll down to the end of the subscriber list and click the Device Management button to display the Device Data window.
- Select an existing (virtual) device by ticking the appropriate row in the List of Devices
- Click the Edit button below the List of Devices.
The Edit Device Data dialog opens.
- Activate the Key Layout tab
- To create a new Line/DSS key, click Add.
The Add Line/DSS Key dialog opens. Continue with step 10.
- To modify an exiting key, select the appropriate row in the Key Layout table by ticking the corresponding radio button and click Edit.
The Edit Line/DSS Key dialog opens.
- Configure the key's functionality. Note that some parameters can't be changed when editing a key and that the range of supported parameters depends on the Device Type.
Select the appropriate key Module (Add only)
Select the appropriate shift Level (Add only; phones only)
Enter the appropriate Key Number (Add only)
Specify the key's Label (not supported on OptiPoint phones)
Select the appropriate key Function: Line or DSS
Either activate the Primary Line option to relate the Line/DSS key to the subscriber's Primary Line, or select the appropriate Directory Number by clicking the corresponding ... button and picking it from the selection popup.
- Click Save to apply the new/modified key settings
- Click Save to persist the changes on DLS.