System prerequisites and 3rd party software will be installed or updated first.
If you are upgrading from a version older than V1R3.7.0, some of the components are uninstalled first then reinstalled.
- Open Windows Explorer and locate the temp folder where the install executable was downloaded to.
Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer
- Double click on the file TM_V2R0.X.exe to start the installation.
- At the prompt, select the language to use during installation: English or Deutsch.
- The Welcome to the TM Setup Wizard is launched.
- On the Ready to Unpack window, click Unpack.
The installation files are extracted to the <SystemDrive>:\TM folder (i.e.: C:\TM)
- The Completing the TM Setup Wizard window is displayed.
- Ensure that the Run Install.bat and View Info.txt boxes are checked.
- Click Finish to start the upgrade installation.
- The “Trace Management Server Installation” CMD window is opened.
The installation messages are displayed:
- Upgrading from V1R2.x:
Some components are uninstalled first and re-installed.
The following messages are displayed:
”Uninstalling RTT Tool ...”
”Uninstalling WireShark ...”
”Uninstalling PHP ...”
”Uninstalling Apache HTTP Server ...”
”Uninstalling Perl ...”
Press any key to continue ...
Press any key (i.e. Enter)
The TM Base Software and 3rd party is installed: PHP, Apache HTTP Server, 7-Zip, ActivePerl, …
Installing Third Party Software . . .
The additional TM applications are installed: DIPAZ Utility, DIPAZ Monitor, FADE Utility, Telephony Control Server RTT Utility, RG8700 RTT Utility, Phone Trap Collector ...
Click Yes to keep going with the installation.
- Upgrading from V1R3.x:
The components are upgraded and the following messages are displayed:
Check for previous installations ...
Installing Third Party Software...
Installing TM Applications...
The silent installation process continues …
- Choose your upgrade strategy and complete the 3rd party components configuration for TM.
The command prompt window displays:
This script updates Trace Management server configuration
NOTE: Make sure FTP service is configured.
Stopping DIPAZ services...
Creating necessary folders...
- You are prompted to instruct the upgrade process to uninstall MySQL after the upgrade completes or keep MySQL.
Additionally, you will need to choose the upgrade strategy you want to follow for the existing trace data.
Please make sure to review the explanation of the different upgrade strategies.
A Warning message related to MySQL support the following will be displayed:
MySQL is no longer supported by TM V2.
TM V2 will replace MySQL with SQLite from that point onward.
Please review the Upgrade Instructions in the TM Administrators Guide for upgrade preparation and guidelines.
The data in the existing database will NOT be preserved.You may choose to completely uninstall/remove MySQL or keep your MySQL database to recover existing data later.
Selected trace data files will be re-processed after the upgrade completes if you choose not to use the "start clean" upgrade option.
This will increase the upgrade processing time.
Uninstalling MySQL will destroy existing data.
Would you like to uninstall MySQL after upgrade completes [y/n]? y
(yes), if you want to follow the upgrade process to uninstall MySQL.
(no), to proceed with the upgrade. MySQL will remain on the server.
- Additional configuration messages are displayed and the existing TM systems are detected:
INFO: Configuring SFTP server
The FreeSSHDService service is starting.
The FreeSSHDService was started successfully.
INFO: Found existing setup
Displaying current setup . . .
. . .
Would you like start clean, processing just new files for system: sys1 [y/n]?
Enter y or n according to your upgrade strategy.
- Enter y for Clean Upgrade.
The following message is displayed:
INFO: Backing up trace files.
Please wait . . .
Press any key to continue ...
- Press any key to close the configuration window.
The upgrade completes, and the Info.txt file is opened.
Essential information and indications for manual installation of required software is enclosed in this file.
Review this file carefully!
This information file is stored on this location: <SystemDrive>:\TM\Info.txt
- Re-configure the FTP transfer in the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony node.
It is necessary to update the transfer script on the Telephony Control Server node. Follow the configuration steps in the section “Setting up Tracing On the Telephony Control Server".
- The TM upgrade installation is now complete.
Upgrade installation logs are stored in the following location: <SystemDrive>:\TM\Log