This procedure describes how to configure a directory number to be used as the RACF (Remote Activation of Call Forwarding) Access Number.
Adequate administrative permissions
In an ETSI environment, i.e. if RACF shall be operable from external ISUP or SIP NNI networks, the intercept for the RACF feature needs to have the answer flag set.
Parent topic: Call Forwarding - Remote Activation
- Log on to the CMP and navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Global Translation and Routing.
- Select the adequate switch from the list of Default Switch.
- Navigate to Directory Numbers -> Home Directory Numbers.
The Directory Numbers list is displayed in the work area.
- Select an entry with the Destination Type as Vacant, then click Edit.
The Directory Number dialog opens
- Change the Type field to Service, then click the ... button next to the Name field.
The Service dialog opens.
- Either scroll through the entries in the Service list or enter RACF in the Set Filter box
- Select the checkbox associated with the RACF service, then click OK to close the Service dialog.
- Click Save to persist your changes.
How to Provision Subscribers for Call Forwarding - Remote Activation