Several language varieties can be installed on the for one Telephony Control Server language ID. For example, the language varieties India (en_in) and USA (en_us) for the Telephony Control Server language ID en. In this case you can determine in the streaming-mps.xml
configuration file of the Media Server which of these language varieties shall be used for the associated Telephony Control Server language ID. This is reasonable when you want to use a language variety the code of which consists of four letters for a basic language.
In the Media Server, several language varieties are installed for the same language ID of Telephony Control Server.
Adequate administrative permissions
- Open the following configuration file in a text editor: streaming-mps.xml
You find this configuration file on the computer system of the Media Server in the following directory: <Ms-Install (1)>/mediaserver/application_host/providers/streaming-mps/
- Search the configuration file for the following XML tag: <PreferredLanguage>
- Between the start and end tag, specify the code of the language variety that you prefer to the other language varieties used.
You can always prioritize only one language variety for each Telephony Control Server language ID.
- Save the changes in the configuration file.
- Restart the MFW Resource Manager provider.
Parent topic: Language Varieties of System Announcements
How to Configure a Fallback Language
1. <Ms-Install > is the setup directory of the Media Server: /enterprise/ or /enterprise/