This procedure describes how to provision SILM (Silent Monitoring) at the BG (Business Group) level.
Adequate administrative permissions
- Log on to the CMP and navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Business Group.
- Select the adequate switch from the list of Default Switch.
- Navigate to Business Group List -> Business Groups.
- Select the adequate BG and click Edit.
The Edit Business Group dialog opens.
- Activate the Services tab and navigate to the Silent Monitoring section.
- Use the Activate checkbox to activate or deactivate the service
- If you activated the service in the previous step, specify the Maximum Number of Subscribers Tagged for Monitor in the corresponding field.
Leave the field blank to keep the system default (currently 100)
Enter a positive integer value to limit the number of subscribers that may be tagged for monitoring by this value
Enter 0 to allow an unlimited number of tagged subscribers.
Allowing a high or even unlimited number of tagged subscribers is potentially fraught with risk, as the media server resources will be consumed for each call made and/or received by the monitored party. The resources may not be available to other services when needed.
The read-only field Actual Number of Tagged Silent Monitored Calls indicates the current usage.
- Click Save to persist your changes.
Provision SILM at the subscriber level.
Parent topic: SILM Service Provisioning
Modify Business Group Services topics
How to Provision Subscribers for SILM
How to Provision Subscribers for SILM Tagging
How to Provision Subscribers for SILM Protection