How to Provision Toll and Call Restrictions for EndpointsAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|In order to provision the Toll and Call Restrictions feature at an endpoint, the Toll and Call Restriction service has to be enabled and configured at the assigned Endpoint Profile. This is described in the following procedure.
In order to provision the Toll and Call Restrictions
feature at an endpoint, the Toll and Call Restriction
service has to be enabled and configured at the assigned Endpoint Profile. This is described in the following procedure.
Adequate administrative permissions
The required Classes of Restriction
have been created
Parent topic: Toll and Call Restrictions
Provision Endpoints topics
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- To add a new or edit an existing endpoint profile:
- Activate the Business Group tab.
- Select the adequate switch from the list of Default Switch
- Select the adequate BG from the list of Available Business Groups
- Navigate to Profiles -> Endpoint Profiles
The BG's Endpoint Profiles are displayed in the work area.
- Select an Endpoint Profile by ticking the appropriate checkbox and click the Edit button
The Edit Endpoint Profile
- Activate the Services tab
- Select Yes from the combo-box next to the Toll and Call Restrictions label to enable the service or click No to disable it.
In case you disabled the service, proceed with step 12.
- Click .... to configure the service parameters for this endpoint profile.
The Toll and Call Restriction dialog opens.
- In the Standard tab, specify the Standard Class of Restriction:
either enter its name in the corresponding text field or
use the ... button to open a selection popup for Classes of Restriction.
If you don't assign a Standard Class of Restriction, this means "no restriction" in the standard state.
- In the Blocked Call List tab, use the Add and Delete buttons to configure the list of blocked destinations. The Add button brings up an Add Code popup, that allows you to enter a (partial) DN which may also comprise wild cards x (case-insensitive) representing "any digit".
- In the Alternate tab, specify the Alternate Class of Restriction either by entering its name in the corresponding text field or by using the ... button to select the adequate one from the the selection popup.
The Day Schedule and Date Schedule tabs are inactive, if no Alternate Class of Restriction is specified.
- In the Day Schedule tab, use the Add, Edit and Delete buttons to configure the "repeated" CoS (Class of Service) switchovers, that shall be performed in every calendar week.
For each day, you can specify at most 7 switchover time spans (say 1 AM to 2 AM, 4 AM to 6 AM, 2 PM to 4 PM, etc.).
- In the Date Schedule tab, use the Add, Edit and Delete buttons to configure "singular" CoS switchovers, that shall be performed only at certain dates.
Currently a maximum of 60 date schedules per service assignment is allowed, with a maximum of 5 schedules per month. These values might be subject to change.
- Click OK to change the service configuration
- Click Save. to persist your changes
The settings are applied to all endpoints that are related to the modified endpoint profile.