The Quick Add Subscriber feature provides a user-friendly and time-saving method of creating the most common settings for a new subscriber.
- Log on to the CMP and activate the Telephony Control Server tab.
- Activate the Business Group tab.
- Navigate to Quick Tasks -> Quick Add Subscriber.
The Quick Add Subscriber dialog opens.
- Navigate to the Basic Subscriber Information area where you select the BG-related attributes for this subscriber.
- Select the Directory Number by clicking the "..." button.
The Directory Numbers dialog opens.
- Select the Directory Number from the list which you want to assign to this subscriber and click OK.
- Select the Business Group by clicking the "..." button.
The Business Group List dialog opens.
- Select the Business Group to which this subscriber is to be assigned by clicking the BG's radio button and click OK.
- Select the Branch Office by clicking the "..." button.
The Select Branch Office dialog opens showing the list of available branch offices.
- Select the Branch Office to which this subscriber is to be assigned by clicking the radio button and click OK.
- Select a Type of Number from the dropdown list. Possible values are:
Public (local, national, international)
Private (L0, L1, L2)
In the Definitions table, the prefix string that a user would normally dial for each number type is defined. The prefix digits are divided into two parts – the PNAC (usually a single digit) and a prefix string (which depends on the type of number
). For each numbering plan, the prefix strings for public number forms (international, national, and local) and private network numbers (L2, L1, and L0) can be defined.
Table 1. Typical example
|numbering plan name ||numbering type (domain)||number type ||PNAC ||prefix digits |
|np name ||public (e.164) ||local ||9||(none)|
|np name ||public ||national||9||1|
|np name ||private ||L0||8|
|np name ||private ||L1||not normally defined |
|np name ||private ||L2||not normally defined |
- Navigate to the Conncection & Security area.
- Select the Transport protocol. At least one of the following transport protocols must be selected:
UDP (User Datagram Protocol): The user datagram protocol is used for the transmission of messages without the guarantee for the successful transfer and the correct order. Either the application does not need this guarantee or the reliability is done via another protocol. For real time applications typically UDP is used. Via the port-number applications can be addressed.
UDP is disabled if the SIP-Q Signaling is enabled
TCP (Transmission Control Protocol): The transmission control protocol handles the transmission of data between hosts/end systems to provide reliability of transmitted data flows. TCP ensures that all data are transmitted successfully and in the correct order. Also the transmission speed can be adjusted to avoid high data loss within the network. Via the port-number applications can be addressed.
TLS (Transport Layer Security): TLS is used for subscribers like OptiPoint / OpenStage / SoftClients / Mediatrix analog adapters. The TLS Protocol provides one-way encryption and data integrity between a Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony and another communication application (e.g., telephone).
Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony endpoints do not use TLS by default. To use TLS, you need to set the MTLS transport protocol for the relevant endpoints via the Lotus Sametime Unified Voice Assistant or via the CLI console of Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony.
- Enter the domain of the SIP Phone in the SIP Realm field.
The domain can have a length of max. 128 characters.
- Enter the User Name .
- Enter a Password
- Confirm your password in the Confirm Password field for verification purposes.
- Navigate to the Routing area.
- Click the "..." button to open the PNP List dialog.
The name of the PNP (Private Numbering Plan) currently assigned to the selected subscriber is displayed (read only). When creating a subscriber, the default PNP of the BG is preselected in the NP (Numbering Plan) field.
The list of available PNP is displayed.
- Select a PNP by checking its radio button and click Ok.
- Select the Routing Area by clicking the "..." button.
The Select Routing Area for Subscriber dialog is displayed.
- Select a Routing Area by checking its radio button and click Ok.
- Select a a Class of Service (COS) to to set up dialing permissions by clicking the "..." button.
The Class of Service for Subscriber dialog is displayed.
- Select a COS and click Ok.
- Navigate to the Features area.
- Enter a name in the Dispaly Name field.
The name entered here is used as external and internal display name.
- Select a Feature Profile from the list by clicking the "..." button.
The Select Feature Profile for Subscriber dialog is displayed.
- Select a Feature Profile by clicking its radio button and click Ok
- Select a value from the Keyset dropdown list:
- If you select None, no keyset is configured in Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony.
In this case the Manual hold timer field, the Call Forward LED Indication checkbox and the Keyset Privacy checkbox will be greyed out. The Line Keys area will disappear. Finish with step 17.
- If you select Primary Line, the keyset is configured as a Primary line in Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony
In this case the Manual hold timer field, the Call Forward LED Indication checkbox and the Keyset Privacy checkbox will get active and the Line Keys area will appear where all directory numbers for all lines that appear on this SIP phone can be added. Continue with step 7.
- If you select Phantom Line, the keyset is configured as a Phantom line in Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony.
In this case the Call Forward LED Indication checkbox will be greyed out, the Line Keys area as well as the Add, Edit and Delete buttons on the right will disappear. These buttons are only displayed if Keyset Use is set to Primary Line. Continue with step 7.
- Navigate to the Device Plug & Play area.
- Select a DLS Device from the dropdown list. Possible values are:
- Navigate to the MAC Address field and enter the unique hardware ID.
Only applicable if Phone or Client have been selected from the DLS Device dropdown list.
- Click Save.
After adding a new subscriber using the Quick Add Subscriber feature, a summary of the settings you specified is displayed in the Quick Add Subscriber results dialog.