Quick Edit Subscriber allows the administrator to quickly find and directly navigate to a subscriber by using the subscriber’s Service ID. Thus, the subscriber can be directly accessed and edited without having to navigate via its BG or PNP. This is especially helpful if the BG or the PNP of the subscriber is not known.
Adequate administrative permissions
The Line Appearances area and its controls are only displayed if Keyset Operation is set to Primary.
- Navigate to Telephony Control Server -> Business Group -> Quick Tasks -> Quick Edit Subscriber.
The Quick Edit Subscriber dialog opens.
- Enter a valid Service ID (= Directory Number, also known as the Subscriber ID) which consist of consists of Office Code plus Extension into the Directory Number field.
- Click the Edit button to directly access the data of the subscriber selected.
The input of a valid Service ID in the Directory Number field is mandatory before you continue with the next step. Otherwise you will get a message Select a valid Service ID.
The Bulk Edit Subscriber <Service ID> dialog opens.
- Navigate to the General tab.
- Navigate to the Subscriber Information area in order to add the basic information for this subscriber.
- Enter a BGName in the Business Group field.
- Click the “...” button next to Branch Office.
The Select Branch Office dialog opens.
- Select a Branch Office from the list by checking its radio button and click OK.
- Click the “...” button next to Directory Number.
Depending on creation a subscriber in a BG with reserved/unreserved HomeDNs there are the following two possibillities:
- In the case of a BG that uses reserved HomeDNs candidate subscribers are the vacant HomeDNs reserved for this Business Group.
- If the BG doesn't use reserved HomeDNs candidate subscribers are all the vacant HomeDNs of the system that are not reserved for a Business Group.
The Select Directory Number dialog opens.
- Select a Directory Number from the list by checking its radio button and click OK.
- Select a Type of Number from the dropdown list. Possible values are:
- There is at least one Attendant Number and one additional DN (subscriber) for the Main Number. Before you can attach attendant or autoattendant numbers to a main number you have to create these numbers as Subscriber with the Attendant Number checkbox checked.
- Navigate to the Localization area.
- Select the Time Zone from the dropdown list. The dropdown list includes entries for GMT+13 to GMT-12. The default value is the local time zone.
- Click the "..." selection button to open the Select Language dialog.
The Select Language dialog is displayed.
- Select a Language from the dropdown list and click OK.
dialog is closed, and the subscriber data is updated accordingly. A confirmation message is displayed upon successful completion of the operation. An error message is displayed in case of failure.
Parent topic: Quick Add Subscriber