The configuration files are located under the main TM directory labeled "MTC" and contain user's credentials, personalized settings, and system-specific configuration. These configuration files on the source server will replace the new TM system configuration files.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Migrating a TM Server to a New Hardware
- In the source TM server, open a window explorer and navigate to the directory containing the MTC folder. (e.g.: C:\).
- Right click on empty space in window explorer.
- Select New -> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
- Rename your zip folder MTC.zip.
- Drag and drop your MTC folder into MTC.zip.
- Copy the MTC.zip folder to a temp directory on the target TM server (e.g.: C:\temp).
- Stop the DIPAZ monitor.
- Right click the MTC.zip file in the "temp" directory on the target TM. (e.g.: c:\temp\MTC.zip).
- Select Extract All..
- When prompted with Files will be extracted to this directory:
- Type C:\ (or installation drive).
- Click Next.
- Click Yes To All.
- Click Finish.
This step completely replaces the default MTC configuration files created by the installation with the source TM MTC configuration files, and copies the dumped queries from the source server.
- On the target TM: Login to the Trace Management Portal (FADE) web interface as administrator.
- "Fix the server's IP address in the target configuration file.
- Navigate to FADE -> Configuration -> DIPAZ.
- On the field Data Dir: Update the IP address with the IP of the target TM server.
- Click Save.
- Verify that the configuration file was updated with the target's IP address. If address is incorrect, change it:
- Use WordPad to open the config.ini file from: <installation path>/MTC/Config/<system name>/config.ini (e.g.: c:\MTC\Config\system1\config.ini)
- The fields with IP addresses values should reflect the target's IP address. If address is incorrect, change it to the target TM server.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.
- Restart the DIPAZ monitor.
How to Stop DIPAZ Monitor
How to Restart DIPAZ Monitor