You can start or stop components. If you stop a component and would then like to restart it again, you can also do this with the unique Restart
feature. The change takes effect immediately. You cannot start or stop some components.
Adequate administrative permissions
If you are inexperienced in starting and stopping components, the entire system may have to be restarted as a result. Therefore, start and stop components only if the documentation or service personnel ask you to do so. In some cases you cannot stop and / or start a single component. This requires an individual start or stop sequence with other components then, which is described in the relevant start / stop instructions.
- On the Operation & Maintenance navigation tab click on the Configuration & Monitoring navigation menu item.
- In the navigation tree, click on System Status -> Nodes.
A list of all system nodes and 3rd party system connections available in the entire system is displayed in the work area.
- Click on the name of the system node for which you want to restart a component.
A dialog with the dashboard of the selected system node opens.
- Click on Show services status: – Show under Actions.
This option is not available for all nodes.
A dialog opens that displays a list of all components that are available for the selected system node. The State
column displays whether the component is currently started (
) or stopped (
- Select the checkboxes of the components you want to restart.
- Click on Restart.
This step stops and restarts the selected components without any further query.
The selected components are stopped and immediately restarted.
Parent topic: System Overview