Before you can assign resources of a specific type to a media application, you need to determine how many resources of the relevant type the Media Server has in total.
Adequate administrative permissions
- On the Operation & Maintenance navigation tab, click on the Configuration & Monitoring navigation menu item.
- In the navigation tree, click on System Status -> Applications.
- In the list entry of the Telephony Control Server application click on to open the action menu of Telephony Control Server. to open the action menu of Telephony Control Server.
- Select Media Server configuration action menu.
A list displays all Media servers available in the Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony system environment.
- In the list select the Media Server link that you want to configure.
The configuration dialog of the selected Media Server opens.
- In the configuration dialog switch to the Providers tab.
- In the provider list select the link Application Resource Management.
The resource management configuration dialog opens.
- Select under Resource Type the resource type for which you want to specify the total number of available resources.
- Select the associated Edit button.
The configuration dialog for editing the resource type opens.
- Specify under Number of available resources how many resources of this type are to be available in the Media Server.
The * wildcard defines an infinite number of resources.
- Select Save to copy the settings for the resource type.
- If required, specify how many system resources are to be available for the other administrable resource types in a similar way.
Assigning media applications to system resources.
Parent topic: System Resources Management
How to Assign System Resources to Applications