Adequate administrative permissions
Analyze your trace data and decide how many of the existing records are necessary to be migrated and preserved to the new version.
You will need to identify the trace data files that contain these records and the date when they were created. Then, configure the Time Period for re-processing in the Clean Days in Rear
Parent topic: Upgrading Strategies
- For each system configured in the TM server, analyze your processed traces and calculate how many days worth of data (Time Period) you need to migrate during the upgrade.
- Login into FADE as an administrator and select the system (i.e.: sys1).
- Configure the Days in Rear and Clean Days in Rear parameters.
Navigate to Administration -> TM_System Configuration -> DIPAZ
- In the fields Days in Rear and Clean Days in Rear enter the calculated time period.
The parameter Clean Days in Rear is used to "age/delete" the files in the Tracedata\<system> folder.
If not set correctly, the DIPAZ monitor could delete the necessary trace files before they are processed.
- Click Save.
- For any additional systems configured in the TM server, repeat the same above procedure and configure the fields Days in Rear and Clean Days in Rear as required for each system.
- Proceed with the upgrade installation. The following prompt appears
Proceed with a Start Clean Upgrade, processing just new files [y/n]
- Type n (no) at the prompt.