How to install TM (Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony - Trace Management) on Windows 2003 - Full
InstallationAdded by IBM on November 30, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|System prerequisites and third party software will be installed first, then the TM trace software is installed.
System prerequisites and third party software will be installed first, then the TM trace software is installed.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Installation of TM (Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony-Trace Management)
- Navigate to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer
- Locate the TM software folder where the install executable was downloaded to (e.g.: <SystemDrive>:\temp).
- Double click the file TM_V2R0.X.exe to start the installation.
- At the following prompt, select the Language to use during the installation.
English or Deutsch
- The Welcome to the TM Setup Wizard is launched.
- On the Ready to Unpack window click Unpack.
The installation files are extracted to the <SystemDrive>:\TM folder.
- The Completing the TM Setup Wizard window is displayed.
Ensure that the Run Install.bat and View Info.txt boxes are checked.
- Click Finish to start the installation.
- The Trace Management Server Installation CMD window is opened
The following installation messages are displayed:
Check for previous installations ...
Installing Third Party Software...
- The silent installation process continues.
Installing TM Applications...
- The configuration of the 3rd party components for TM starts.
- The Command Prompt window displays:
This script updates Trace Management server configuration
- Enter the drive where the Tracedata folder will be stored at (default is c:)
Enter drive used to store trace files [c:]:
- The configuration continues:
NOTE: Make sure FTP service is configured.
Stopping DIPAZ services...
Creating necessary folders...
WARNING: ActivePerl 5.8.9 is not installed.
ActivePerl is required by RTT Trace Manager.
Please download and manually install this program before configuring tracing.
Press any key to continue ...
- When the installation completes, the Info.txt file is opened. This information file is stored on this location: <SystemDrive>:\TM\Info.txt.
Essential information and indications for manual installation of required software is enclosed in this file. Review this file carefully!
Installation logs are stored in the following location: <SystemDrive>:\TM\Log
Trace Information Flow