Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Installation of TM (Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony-Trace Management)
- Open the Windows explorer and navigate to the temp folder where the install executable was downloaded to.
- Right click on the file TM_V2R0.X.exe.
Select Run as administrator.
- The Welcome to the TM Setup Wizard is launched.
- On the Ready to Unpack window, click Unpack.
The installation files are extracted to the <SystemDrive>:\TM folder.
- The Completing the TM Setup Wizard window is displayed.
Ensure that the Run Install.bat and View Info.txt boxes are checked.
- Click Finish.
- The Trace Management Server Installation CMD window is opened.
The following installation messages are displayed:
Checking for .Net 2.0 SP1 Framework ...
Check for previous installations ...
Installing Third Party Software...
- The configuration of the 3rd party components for TM starts.
- The Command Prompt window displays the following:
This script updates Trace Management server configuration
NOTE: Make sure FTP service is configured.
Stopping DIPAZ services...
Creating necessary folders...
- Enter the drive where the Tracedata folder will be stored at (default is c:)
Enter drive used to store trace files [c:]:
- The configuration continues. Following messages appear:
Warning: Wireshark is not installed.
Wireshark is required for viewing .cap files.
WARNING: ActivePerl 5.8.9 is not installed.
ActivePerl is required by RTT Trace Manager.
Please download and manually install this program before configuring tracing.
Press any key to continue ...
- When the installation completes, the Info.txt file is opened. This information file is stored on this location: <SystemDrive>:\TM\Info.txt.
Essential information and indications for manual installation of required software is enclosed in this file.
Review this file carefully!
Installation logs are stored in the following location: <SystemDrive>:\TM\Log
Trace Information Flow