Most PrttReader RTP parameters are set to the default values. Those that are changeable for TM integration are indicated in this task.
Adequate administrative permissions
- Login to the Telephony Control Server.
- Open the RTP CLI menu by typing StartCli from srx>startCli.
- Login as sysad.
- Set the parameters:
Save the changes.
- Srx/PrttReader/ContTraceDirectory = /software/RTT
directory in which to store Continuous Trace Data
default = /software/RTT
- Srx/PrttReader/ContTraceFileSize = 20971520
Max size of each trace file
default = 20971520 (20Meg)
- Srx/PrttReader/ContTraceNumberFiles = 500
Number of trace files to produce before wrapping and overwriting the oldest trace file
default = 500
- Srx/PrttReader/ContTraceCompressFiles = true
When true, trace files will be written directly into a Gzipped (.gz) format to save space.
default = true
- Srx/PrttReader/RunBothCallTraceContTrace = true
When true, call trace can be used concurrently with continuous tracing.
Can be set to false if very high call volumes are causing trace loss when call trace is activated.
When false, Continuous Tracing will be suspended whenever a call trace session is active.
default = true
- Srx/PrttReader/ContTraceForceAgingTime = 300
Time in seconds before a trace file is forcefully aged
default = 300 (5 minutes)
Parent topic: Configuration of Tracing and File Transferring for Telephony Control Server
Verify that the PrttReader parameter ReadFromDriver is set to 1 (true):
Srx/PrttReader/ReadFromDriver = 1 (true)
Setting this parameter incorrectly will impact Telephony Control Server behavior and tracing.