Apart from the Media server, the Telephony Control Server system is already completely installed and configured.
The Media servers used are already fully installed and connected to Telephony Control Server via a network connection.
Adequate administrative permissions
- On the Telephony Control Server navigation tab click on the Administration navigation option.
- In the navigation tree, click on Media Servers -> Media Servers.
The work area displays a list of Media servers configured for Telephony Control Server.
- Click on Add.
The dialog with the settings of a Media server opens.
- Specify under Gateway Name a short, unique name for the first of the new Media servers.
Under this name the new Media server is administered in the Telephony Control Server Assistant.
- Specify under Fully Qualified Domain Name the IP address of the computer system on which the relevant Media server is installed. Enclose the IP address in square brackets.
If the host name of the relevant computer system can be resolved into an IP address in the network, you can also enter the associated fully qualified domain name (FQDN). In this case you must not use square brackets.
- Select under Assign Method the Node Primary entry.
- Specify under Circuit Format the format to be used for the circuit IDs of the Media server.
You find the correct settings for the circuit format in the producer documentation of the Media server used.
- Select under Multi Homing the Enabled entry.
- Select under MG Signaling IP Address Allocation Method, in which way the IP address for the Media gateway signaling is to be specified.
If the IP address is to be dynamically specified via a DNSserver query, select the DNS Query entry.
Note: In this case a DNS server configured for DNS forwarding queries must be available in your network.
If you want to specify a permanent IP address in the MG Signaling field, select the Static entry.
- If you have selected the Static entry under MG Signaling IP Address Allocation Method, specify under MG Signaling the IP address that the new Media server uses for signaling the Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP).
- Execute the described steps for all Media servers of the Media server deployment scenario.
Beside the individual configuration the media server always uses these settings:
For Protocol Type the setting MGCP.Parent topic: Configuration of a Central Deployment Scenario with Several Media Servers
For Protocol Version the setting MGCP 1.0 NCS 1.0.
Step 2: How to Configure Circuits (central deployment, multiple Media Servers)
Step 3: How to Add a Destination
Step 4: How to Configure the Redundancy /Load Balancing
Step 5: How to Activate the Audit
Step 6: How to Assign Treatments to the Destination