You need to add a new destination for each routing area. In this destination you need to create a route for each announcement circuit of the Media servers that are to provide this routing area. In addition, add a destination that serves for subscribers without routing area.
Apart from the Media server, the Telephony Control Server system is already fully installed and configured.
The Media servers used are already fully installed and connected to Telephony Control Server via a network connection.
Routing areas have been configured and assigned to selected subscribers.
You have executed the associated previous configuration steps.
Adequate administrative permissions
Parent topic: Configuration of a Distributed Deployment Scenario without Branches
- On the Telephony Control Server navigation tab click on the navigation menu option Global Translation and Routing.
- In the navigation tree, click on Destinations and Routes -> Destinations.
The work area displays a list of the destinations that are configured in the global numbering plan of Telephony Control Server.
- Click on Add.
The dialog with the settings of a destination opens.
- Specify a short, unique name for the new destination under Name.
Under this name the new destination is administered in the Telephony Control Server Assistant.
- Click on Save.
The new destination is created and displayed in the destination list.
- Click on the name of the new destination.
The dialog with the settings of the destination opens.
- Select the is a media server option.
- Switch to the Routes tab.
- Create a route for each announcement circuit of the relevant Media servers:
- Click on Add.
The dialog with the settings of a route opens.
- Enter under ID an arbitrary number – e. g. 1.
You need to assign an individual ID to each route.
If the various Media servers are later to act as each other's redundancy, the ID controls which Media server Telephony Control Server uses as primary system and which Media server works first as redundancy. Telephony Control Server uses the Media server as primary system that is reached via the route with the smallest ID.
- Select under MGCP Media Service the announcement circuit of the first Media server.
- Click on Save to copy the settings.
- Click on Save to copy the entries to the system's database.
- Follow the described steps to create all further required destinations.
Step 1: How to Add Media Servers (distributed deployment, no branches)
Step 2: How to Configure Circuits (distributed deployment, no branches)
Step 4: How to Configure the Redundancy /Load Balancing (distributed deployment, no branches)
Step 5: How to Activate the Audit (distributed deployment, no branches)
Step 6: How to Add an Origin Destination
Step 7: How to Assign Treatments to the Origin Destination