There are several options unique to both meeting room owners and managers.
Assigning room permissions
From the meeting room, tap the Room actions and settings
icon and select Change Permissions
. The meeting permissions screen displays and you have the following options:
Table 1. Room permissions
|Presenter privileges||Determine who has permission to present during the meetings.|
|Download from the library||Determine who has permission to download files from the library.|
Note: Participants with download permission can also preview files being presented. For more information, refer to Previewing presentations .
|Manage the meeting room||Grant specific participants room manager rights for the meeting.|
As a user with presenter privileges you can present files. When a document is shared, the following action bar displays at the bottom of the screen:
The action bar gives you the following options:
Table 2. Presenting files action bar
|Stop sharing||Stop sharing your screen with the meeting participants.|
|Annotation tools||Open the annotation action bar to add annotations to your screen that will be seen by the meeting participants. For more information, refer to annotating presentations.|
|Pointer||Displays an arrow to the other meeting participants where you touch the screen. The arrow is blue for presenters and yellow for participants.|
|Slide preview||Enters preview mode for a presentation. For more information, refer to Previewing presentations .|
|Raise hand||Raise your hand during the meeting.|
While presenting, you can control which slide in a presentation displays from the device by swiping left or right on the screen.
When sharing a file from the library you can add your own annotations and marks to the screen for the meeting participants to see. To do so:
- When sharing, select the Annotation Tools icon from the bottom action bar. The annotation tool bar displays in Pen mode:
- You can tap the color icon to select one of 18 colors for your annotations. To make a mark, draw on the screen with your finger or stylus. All meeting participants will see your highlighting in the color you have chosen.
- Tap the line width icon to choose between a thin, medium or thick line when you draw. The icon shown on the toolbar indicates the current line width selection.
- Tap the pen icon to toggle to display the highlighter tool and switch the drawing to highlighter mode. Highlighter mode will draw lines at 35% opacity and will limit the color selection to four highlighter colors. Only medium line width is supported in highlighter mode. Tapping this icon again will toggle back to pen mode.
- You can clear your annotations by selecting the Clear All Marks icon.
- To end Annotation mode and return to the regular presentation display, press the down arrow icon.
Press the Slide preview
button on the presentation action bar to enter Preview mode. Preview mode gives the presenter the ability to find the next slide in the presentation that they want to show without letting the participants see them flip though each slide. If participants are able to download from the library, then they can also enter preview mode to revisit a slide previously presented or jump ahead to future slides.
On tablets when you go into preview mode, you will see the current slide being presented in the background, and a filmstrip along the bottom showing all slides in the presentation. Tapping a slide in the filmstrip displays that slide in a bigger preview overlay with more detail. Tapping the slide in the preview displays that slide to the meeting participants, as well as exits preview mode. You can swipe left or right on the preview slide to advance through the filmstrip without changing the current slide. Tapping on the current slide being presented in the background exits preview mode.
On iPhones, there is no bigger preview slide, just a filmstrip that displays over the current slide. Swipe right or left to navigate the filmstrip and double tap a slide in the filmstrip to present it to the meeting participants.
Creating a meeting report
On IBM Connections Cloud servers you can generate a report for the meeting.
From the meeting room, tap the options menu. Select Room Tools
, then press Create Meeting Report
. This option is available to managers and room owners only. When creating a meeting report, you can give it a unique name or use the default (based on the date and time).
In general, a meeting report shows the join and leave times for all participants, the discussion history of the meeting, and information on who presented what content. You must be provisioned for IBM Connections to use this feature, as any meeting reports generated will be saved in your My Files section of Connections.
Parent topic: Participating in Meetings on an Apple device