You can view the screen by pressing the Contacts
button in the left action bar on an iPad, or from the Options menu on an iPhone. Press the All Contacts link at the top of the list display all of your contacts, organized alphabetically by name. If you have created groups for your contacts, they will appear below the All Contacts link, also organized alphabetically. You can scroll through the lists of contacts and groups using your fingers. Press the contact you are looking for to open the Person Card associated with it.
On an iPhone, the default view is the Chat tab. To see the Contacts information for the person card you must press the business card icon in the upper right of the card.
Working with groups
Navigate through the groups you have created by pressing them in the list. You navigate through sub-groups in the same way, with each having its own list in a separate pane. You can also swipe back and forth between the different cards using your fingers. When you find the contact you are looking for, press the name to open the Person Card associated with it.
Working with Person Cards
Whenever you press the name of a contact, its Person Card displays. The Person Card is a central hub for getting information about and interacting with your contacts. There are several options available from the Person Card:
Table 1. Person Card options
|Information tab||Provides basic information about your contact, including:
- Email address - Press an address to send a message to your contact using your device's mail application.
- Phone number - Press a phone number to initiate an Audio Chat with your contact. If you have more than one calling method configured on your device, a drop down menu will display your calling options. Press one to initiate the call.
- Physical address - Press the physical address of your contact to display its location in your device's map application.
|Chat tab||Opens the chat pane for you to initiate a text chat with your contact. For more information, refer to Text chatting on your Apple device.|
This is the default view for iPhones.
|Audio Chat button||This button at the top right of the Person Card initiates an Audio Chat with your contact, using your default calling method. If you wish to use another calling method, press one of your contact's listed phone numbers to display your list of options. For more information, refer to Audio chatting on your Apple device.|
|Video Chat button||This button at the top right of the Person Card initiates a Video Chat with your contact. For more information, refer to Video chatting.|
|Action Menu button||Provides additional options for your contact, including:
- Add/Remove From Favorites - Lets you add or remove this contact from your Favorites list.
- Add to Device Contacts - Allows you to add the contact to your device's internal contact list.
- Send an Announcement - Starts the announcement dialog, with this contact listed first in the addresses list. Add additional contacts, enter the message text, then press Send to send the announcement to the selected contacts.