Adding contactsAdded by IBM on June 22, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|A contact is someone whom you have added to one or more of your groups. When you are online, by default only contacts that are also online are visible.
A contact is someone whom you have added to one or more of your groups. When you are online, by default only contacts that are also online are visible.
About this task
After you add a contact, you can start a chat with the contact or display information about the contact without searching through the directory.
To add a contact to a group:
Parent topic: Managing availability on the network
- From the Contact List, tap on the group to which you want to add the contact. The Group screen appears.
- Press the + button, then Add Contact.
- Enter some of the contact information in the search bar. Enter the name of the contact, given name first. You can also enter the first few letters of the given name. Press Search.
- Tap on the contact you want to add.
- Tap Add to Contact List.
- Next to Nickname, type a nickname for the contact. A nickname is the name that is displayed in the Contact List. The nickname is visible only to you.
- Choose the group from the Group name list if you want the contact in a different group.
- Press the Done button. The contact is added to the group that you selected.