Changing your online statusAdded by IBM on June 22, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|Your online status includes your availability, your location, and is displayed at the top of the Contact List. People who are logged in can see your online status.
Your online status includes your availability, your location, and is displayed at the top of the Contact List. People who are logged in can see your online status.
About this task
In addition to changing your online status, you can customize the message that is displayed with your availability and manage your list of locations.
To change your online status message:
Parent topic: Managing availability on the network
- Tap on the status toolbar (iPhone) or status icon (iPad).
- From the Status menu, you can configure the following items:
Table 1. Status Options
|Status||Change your status to one of the following options:|
You can customize the messages displayed for any selected status option. For example, if you choose "Away", you might customize the message to say "At a doctor's appointment." You can also add or remove messages for any status option. Offline status does not permit messages; you appear as if you are not logged into Sametime®. Use one of the following methods to customize the message for the option chosen or to modify the list of messages.
- In a Meeting
- Do Not Disturb
Note: To display the list of messages for the selected status option, select the Edit Status Messages action.
- To use an existing message, choose one of the available messages and select OK.
- To edit an existing message: choose an available message, select the Edit Status Message action, edit the message, and select OK.
- To add a new message: choose the Add action, type the new message, and select OK.
- To remove a message: choose one of the available messages, select the Remove action, and select OK.
|Community||Choose your Sametime community or server. This will log you out of the current Sametime community. For iPad devices, this icon is on the Settings menu.|
|Share Location||Choose whether or not to share your physical location information. Your location will be added to your Sametime status.|
|Location||Shows your physical location. This row is not editable. |
|Background Status||Set the status which appears when the Sametime application is put in the background (for example, opening a different application and making it the focus). You can also set how long you want to remain online once Sametime is put in the background.|