To use IBM Sametime Mobile, first install the Sametime application on your device.
Before you install the application, an administrator should provide you with a URL that contains the proxy server address. The URL is in the format http:// or https://ST_Proxy_Server_name
To install Sametime Mobile on your device:
- Open the URL that contains the proxy server address through an email or calendar invite.
- Select the Install Lotus Sametime for Android action. This will start the download of the Sametime application.
- Once the download is complete, select the Android notification tray to install Sametime.
- Once the install is complete, start Sametime.
- You will be prompted to enter:
- The address of your proxy server in the server field. For example, http:// or https://ST_Proxy_Server_name:ST_Proxy_Server_port
- Your network credentials
Note: These credentials are needed for 401 basic authentication when trying to reach the Sametime Proxy server.
You are now ready to log into Sametime.
Parent topic: Getting started with your Android