A contact is someone whom you have added to one or more of your groups. When you are online, by default only contacts that are also online are visible.
After you add a contact, you can start a chat with the contact or display information about the contact without searching through the directory.
To add a contact to a group:
- From the Contact List, highlight any group then press the Menu key and choose the Contact Options action.
- Highlight Add Contact then press the Menu key and choose the Select action.
The Add New Contact screen opens.
- For the User Name field, use one of the following methods to specify the contact to add:
Optional: Next to Nickname, type a nickname for the contact. A nickname is the name that is displayed in the Contact List. The nickname is visible only to you.
Choose the group from the Group name list.
Press the Menu key and choose the Search action.
- Enter the name of the contact, given name first. You can also enter the first few letters of the given name.
- If you are adding an external contact that is not in your directory, select the External User option and enter the complete email address.
The first 50 names that match the series of letters that you entered is displayed in a list.
In the list of names, highlight the name that you want to add.
Press the Menu key and choose the Select action.
The contact is added to the group that you selected.
Parent topic: Managing availability with your Nokia