After you start IBM Sametime Mobile, the login panel is displayed.
You must start Sametime before logging in. On most devices, you can open the Downloads
folder and choose the Sametime
application. To find Sametime on your device, look for the Sametime icon:
To log in:
- Next to User name, enter your user name.
- Next to Password, enter your password.
- Optional: Change the Log in status option to indicate your availability when you log in. The default status is "Available."
- Optional: Change the Location option to reflect your current location.
Note: If you do not see a location list, then you must create a list of locations.
- Optional: To supply the password automatically the next time you log in, enable the Save password option.
If you enable the Save password option and want to log in automatically whenever you start the application, enable the Automatically log in option.
To change the login settings after enabling the Automatically log in option, choose the Log Out action and then the Log In action.
- To log in, press the Menu key and choose the Log In action.
When you log in, you might see the following message: "Unable to retrieve contact list." The message is displayed whenever you log in until you set up a contact list.
Parent topic: Managing availability with your Nokia