Installing Sametime Mobile on your deviceAdded by IBM on December 27, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|To use IBM Sametime Mobile, first install the Sametime application on your device.
Before you install the application, an administrator should provide you with a URL that contains the proxy server address. The URL is in the format http:// or https://ST_Proxy_Server_name
To install Sametime Mobile on your device:
- Open the URL that contains the proxy server address through an email or calendar invite.
- Select the Install Lotus Sametime for Android action. This will start the download of the Sametime application.
- Once the download is complete, select the Android notification tray to install Sametime.
- Once the install is complete, start Sametime.
- If your administrator has provided you a link to an automatic configuration URL, click on it now. Otherwise, manually enter the server address as stated below.
- If you are manually entering your server information, you will be prompted to enter:
- The address of your proxy server in the server field. For example, http:// or https://ST_Proxy_Server_name:ST_Proxy_Server_port
- Your network credentials
Note: These credentials are needed for 401 basic authentication when trying to reach the Sametime Proxy server.
You are now ready to log into Sametime.
Parent topic: Getting started