Making an outgoing Sametime Unified Telephony call to an external contact through the phone
dialerAdded by IBM on December 27, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|When logged into a Sametime Mobile Android device with Sametime Unified Telephony enabled, you can also place Sametime Unified Telephony calls with your normal phone dialer. If you are on a tablet device, you can use the included SUT dialer keypad to place the call.
Parent topic: Using Sametime Unified Telephony features on an Android device
- Dial the number or select the person to call from your phone's contact list just as you would for normal calls.
- When you select dial you will be prompted to place the call through Sametime Unified Telephony.
- Select Yes, the call is initiated through Sametime Unified Telephony.
- Your cell phone or other designated ring back number will ring.
- Answer this ring back call and you will hear the target contact's phone ringing.
- The person answers, connecting you using Sametime Unified Telephony and you can talk.