Tap the IBM Meetings
icon on your device to launch the application. Once it opens the first time, you will be taken to the My Rooms view, and prompted to configure a meetings server.
From the Configure Server dialog, you can choose any of the three options:
- Company Meeting Server
- IBM SmartCloud™
- IBM® Greenhouse
integrates the essential tools for social business into a cloud environment, allowing you to work seamlessly with people inside and outside of your organization. You can meet online, share files, chat, manage projects, network with potential clients, schedule meetings, and send and receive mail anywhere, anytime.
Greenhouse is a showcase website that allows members to experience the synergy of the integrated Lotus
® and WebSphere
® Portal portfolio in a live environment. The site offers a chance to try out all of the IBM
Collaboration Software and WebSphere
Portal portfolio in an integrated experience, including Sametime
If you already have IBM SmartCloud
or Greenhouse credentials and meeting rooms, select either of them to enter your information. Otherwise, select Company Meeting Server
to join a new meeting server on your company's network.
Enter the following information to configure your meeting server:
- Enter a Nickname for the server. This is how the server will be identified within the Sametime Meetings app on your device.
- Enter a Server. The fully qualified domain name for the meeting room server, for example, sametime.example.com. The HTTP(S):// part of the URL is not required.
- Enable the Port, by entering the port to use to connect to the server. The port will default to 80 for non-secure connections, and 443 for secure connections.
- Select an option for Secure Connection, depending on whether the server requires it or not.
- Select whether or not to join the meeting room as a guest user (if allowed by the meeting administrator).
- Enter a User Name associated with the server. This user name along with the password is used to authenticate you with the server.
- Enter a Password associated with the server. This password along with the user name is used to authenticate you with the server. If the password is not provided, you will be promoted for the password whenever searching for or joining a room on this server.
- Choose Save to initiate communication with the server and verify the server settings are correct. Once the verification step is complete, the server will be saved and the My Rooms view will display, which shows all the rooms you currently own or manage on the new server.
If you receive a warning that "The security certificate for this server is not valid", then the server you are trying to access uses an untrusted SSL certification. To access this server, either turn on the Allow Untrusted SSL option in the Settings menu (refer to Configuring Sametime Meetings for Apple devices
for more information) or have the administrator for the server secure it with a valid certification.
You can add new meeting servers to the application, as well as edit or delete existing server configurations using the Settings screen, which displays all servers known to the client. To open the list on an iPad, select the cog icon at the bottom of the left sidebar then tap Settings
. On an iPhone, tap the More
button at the bottom of the screen and then tap Settings
. From the Setting screen, you can select an existing server to edit, add a new meeting server, or delete an existing server.
Help information is available for viewing in a browser on the device. To access it, tap on the cog icon, then tap Help and Support
. This screen also lists your client version, should you ever need to find it.
Deleting the last Meeting Room server from the list is not permitted.
Parent topic: Getting started on your Apple device